Don't suffer in silence. Here are some links to organisations and helplines where you can find support.
In the UK
BEAT are the UK's leading eating disorder charity. They offer:
Message boards providing peer support.
Online support groups, including groups for specific eating disorders, groups for carers and a specific Coronavirus response group. Each group runs on a different evening, and can be accessed here.
A helpfinder where you can type in your postcode and find services near you.
Downloadable resources including a leaflet to bring along to your first GP appointment and a guide for friends & family.
SEED is an ED support service, run by volunteers with lived experience. They offer:
Anorexia & Bulimia Care
Anorexia & Bulimia Care is a national UK eating disorders organisation. They offer:
- Support via their helpline or email. Find details of these here.
- A support hub offering weekly one-on-one appointments.
- An online befriending community where those who have recovered from an eating disorder provide peer support to others
- An online community for parents and carers
- A useful directory of ED support groups around the UK
Around the world
The Diabilimia Helpline is a non-profit organisation for individuals with diabetes and eating disorders. They offer:
A 24-hour helpline at (425) 985-3635
A referral service to help you find the right treatment centre or therapist
A database of professional healthcare providers with expertise in mental health and diabetes
A Facebook support group